Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year! At Washington Elementary we are committed to "Be The One" that provides a safe and intellectually-challenging environment that will inspire, motivate, and empower all students to become innovative thinkers, creative problem-solvers and independent learners prepared to thrive in the Twenty-First century.
We believe that setting high academic performance standards coupled with positive behavioral expectations supported by our school community are the foundation of our school. This year we will "Be The One" that instills LOBO P.R.I.D.E. -Persevere, Respectful, Innovative, Determined, Excellence in every student. It will be through P.R.I.D.E that we model these high standards and ask each of our students to commit to doing their absolute best in demonstrating P.R.I.D.E in all they do.
Our entire staff promises to "Be The One" that will...
- Create opportunities for intellectual risk-taking, collaboration, problem-solving, and application of classroom learning to real life situations
- Implement strategies that promote ownership of learning
- Design instruction to integrate a variety of innovative technological tools and resources to enhance learning
- Demonstrate ongoing professional growth in order to increase the quality of instruction
- Collaborate with colleagues to share and discuss exemplary practices, interpret student performance data, and design assessments that promote twenty-first century skills.
- Have a positive impact on your child's life
We want each student to Be The One that will...
- Come to school every day ready to learn
- Demonstrate learnings through a variety of innovative technological tools
- Use critical and creative thinking skills
- Collaborate with peers, posing questions, examining possibilities, and applying learned skills
- Make positive choices related to physical and mental wellness
We need you to" Be The One" that will…
- Teach your child the importance of their education
- Encourage your child to always do their best
- Support your child so they learn perseverance and never give up
- Check all homework and read to your child nightly
- Bring your child to school every day on time
- Celebrate and support your child during times of success and in times of need
- Communicate with your child’s teacher
- Let us know the best ways to meet the needs of your child
Together we will "Be the Ones" that will open unforeseen doors to opportunities for each child at Washington Elementary. It is truly an honor to serve as your principal. Mr. Pantanini
Mr. Pantanini, Principal